- If you hold your urine in too long, it can cause permanent damage to your bladder. It stretches the walls of your bladder, weakening it.
- Not drinking the required amount of water daily. The less water you have, the more acid your urine will be, making it irritating when you go to the toilet. You should be having at least 6-8 cups of water daily (2 liters).
- Tea, coffee, and alcohol. These are all very harmful to your bladder.
- Drinking cranberry juice. It is said to lower the ability of bacteria to stick to the urinary tract cells, allowing them to be flushed out of the system easier.
- Wearing white cotton underwear that is loose to allow air circulation. this prevents the urethra from being irritated by soaps and detergents.